Wednesday 29 May 2013

Skinny Breakfast : Fruity Carrot Oatmeal

Time to get creative! When I was thinking about what's for breakfast tomorrow, and I saw carrots in my fridge. And I was like, how about cook the oatmeal with carrots and dried fruits? I tried. And it's awesome! I added some nuts for wonderful crunchy texture :)

You'll need :

1 cup of rolled oats
2 1/2 cup of water
Sweetener/honey/sugar ( your preference )
1 cup of grated carrot
A handful of ( apricots, walnuts and almonds, cranberries , raisin , goji berries etc.. ) of your choice
1 apple ( cored and diced )
Some grapes

Steps :

1. Cook the rolled oat with water until its almost done.
2. On medium low heat, add in all the ingredients and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add in your sweetener/honey/sugar at this time because the sweetness from the fruits might be enough :)
3. And now it's done!

This is a very versatile recipe, you can always substitute with your favourite dried fruits. It's not really much like a normal oatmeal like you would eat it plain with fruits, it taste like porridge ! Yummmmmmmm
Also you can spice it up with cinnamon or nutmeg. I won't judge :D
The sweetness from the carrots is really tasty !
You might need to add more water if it gets too stiff.

This serves 2-3 hungry people

Good luck !
Allison <3
@juilletideas

No comments:

Post a Comment