Saturday 15 February 2014

Healthy Okonomiyaki ( High Protein Low Carb )

Saturday afternoon just after my Fitness Blender HIIT and Strength Workout I was feeling super hungry. I checked my fridge and fortunately I still left a bowl of egg whites and some leftover Valentine's day roasted turkey and some salad mix. Something crossed my mind and I decided to make this as my post-workout lunch. It turned out super tasty and I never thought of it will be this good!


Ingredients :

5 egg whites
1/2 cup of oats
1 cup of shredded cabbage
1 medium size carrot ( shredded )
1/2 cup of protein (cooked ) eg. chicken breast, shrimp, tuna, crab meat etc
A handful of Bonito flakes
Salt and Pepper ( to taste )

Steps :

1. In a blender, blend the oats and egg whites until it forms a white batter. Reserve few tablespoon of the egg white mixture for later use.
2. Add in all the ingredients except bonito flakes and stir well.
3. Heat up a non stick frying pan and pour the mixture and cook on medium high heat.
4. When the bottom is cooked and the edges are firmed, sprinkle the top with bonito flakes and pour the leftover egg white mixture and flip.
5. Cook for extra 2-3 minutes and serve.
6. Top with extra bonito flakes and mayonnaise (if desired )




No comments:

Post a Comment