In case you didn't realize today is also the valentine's day from the Chinese! It's called 'Chap Goh Mei'. It means the last day of the Chinese New Year. Awesome!
*It's a single serving recipe*
4 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract
pinch of both cinnamon and nutmeg (optional )
1/4 cup of milk
1 steamed beetroot (small)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Blitz the steamed beet, vanilla and milk until smooth.
3. Add the beetroot mixture to the dry.
4. Mix well just until moistened. Do not over mix.
5. Heat up your skillet and cook the pancakes.
6. Flip it when it forms bubbles on top and the edges are starting to cook.
7. Top it with yogurt or cream and serve with a touch of honey or chocolate with your loved ones.
*or eat them up all by yourself! ;D*