Those typical banana bread contains at least 200 calories per slice. Store bought banana bread is the worst. High in saturated fat and sugar, your biggest enemy!
This under 100 calorie single serving banana bread which low in simple carbs and low in fat sure will make you happy ! Perfect for breakfast :)
You'll need :
3 Tbsp of flour ( oat flour , spelt flour , gluten free all-purpose flour etc. of your choice)
1/8 tsp of instant dry yeast
Pinch of salt
1-2 Tbsp very ripe mashed banana
1 Tbsp of applesauce
1 Tbsp of milk ( I used skim, you can use water or regular milk)
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2. Mix the yeast and dry ingredients, set aside.
3. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Combine the wet and dry together.
5. Spoon them into a silicon mold or a parchment paper lined mini loaf tin.
6. Proof them at a warm spot till double in size.
7. Bake them for 10 - 15 minutes.
They are so soft and fluffy!
Good luck ! @allison_phuise