I couldn't differentiate the normal cheesecake with my fat free vegan cheesecake !
It taste like 100% made with cheese!
For the crust :
Digestive biscuits (about 20-25 pieces)
4 tbsp of milk
For the filling :
1 1/2 cup cashew nuts
1 1/2 cup tofu
1 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yoghurt
1/2 cup of agave or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 a lemon ( juice)
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp gelatin ( melted in 2 tbsp of hot water)
1/2 tsp salt
Soak the cashew for 5 hours, do not more than 8. Drained and set aside.
Preheat oven to 180°c
1. Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the milk thoroughly. Press firmly onto a parchment paper lined cake tin.
2. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
3. In a blender, mix in all the filling ingredients and blend until silky smooth.
4. Pour the batter onto the crust and bake for 20-30 minutes until set.
5. Let cool to room temperature, then chill it for at least 8 hours to achieve the cheesecake texture.
Have a slice and enjoy the 'cheesecake' !